Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

This is one of my favorite times of the year. As we get closer to October, I've been thinking about all the things I have to look forward to. The beautiful fall colors, crisp fresh air, pumpkin EVERYTHING! Something about fall just says new beginnings!

October is always a fun month for me and my family, it holds my birthday, my brother and sister's (twins!) birthdays, Thanksgiving and Halloween. It's also the buildup to the Christmas season that makes it so exciting. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. So I am full of fall spirit these days!

To get myself into autumn mode, I decided to decorate our house for the season. I have never done this before, I have an entire storage room in our apartment building filled with Christmas decorations but none autumn. So I thought I'd give it a whirl! Here's what I did to make our home cozy for fall:










































My amazing mother-in-law gave me this:

















  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to share my husband's last name so I made this to celebrate:



It's amazing how cozy a few little things can make a home look! My usual decorating colors are blues and greens since I am into a kind of beachy look, but I LOVE this! I light my candles and turn on our (fake) fireplace and curl up on the couch with a book and some tea. Heaven!
Actually that sounds pretty good right now...

Good night!




**Items purchased from Michael's (40% off!) and HomeSense**

No comments:

Post a Comment