Thursday, December 16, 2010

Goodies and Books, yay!

Okay so it's only Thursday and I haven't posted since Monday...that's not too bad!
I can't believe how fast time is going! Thank goodness I work downtown so I can pick up Christmas presents on my lunch break! I love it though, I just find I'm full of energy this time of year, I sorta thrive on the on-the-go lifestyle I think. When it's fun and not forced by work and too many obligations at least.

This week has been jam packed with fun things! Christmas shopping, driving around with my husband looking at Christmas lights, yet another work party with the yummiest appetizers (pulled pork mini panini anyone?) and last night was our book club meeting/annual Christmas party. Yes, I've decided it's annual even though it's the first year. Our numbers were small, as people were sick and had stuff going on. We had delicious almond roca and blondies and some yummy things that I'd actually won from work! I won a giant food gift basket yesterday, which is so exciting! I never win anything!
Here it is:



For our book club we read this:


I really enjoyed this book. The main character is a 12 year old girl and I can totally relate to the way she thinks and feels about things, it totally made me remember back to that time and what it felt like. This girl went through her mother having a mental illness, and the beginning of the book is a little sad I'll warn you. Overall, it was a sweet, uplifting read. You can read the proper synopsis here if your interested in reading it. I think it was definitely a good book club choice.

I'm excited for our next book, chosen by fellow blogger Jen @
The Baked Life!


She recently honeymooned in Paris so it was a perfect choice. You can read all about this book here.

I think that's all I have for today, this weekend is packed with fun stuff, mother-in-law's birthday on Friday, hubby's work Christmas party on Saturday and hopefully Christmas Train after that, then Sunday is my girlfriend's cookie exchange party. Oh yes, so at some point I'll have to bake for that, probably Sunday morning. I'm baking Jam Thumbprint cookies so I will post the recipe once I know how it turns out. I want to make sure it's a good one before I give it to you guys!

More this weekend!

xoxo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment