Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Awesomeness

First off, I want to say thank you everyone for reading my last post and your super sweet comments. They made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Knowing I have people who support me and want me to succeed makes moving forward so much easier!

I had such a fantastic weekend. I absolutely love this time of year because through the winter, I am all warm and cozy inside and I don't feel like moving at all. I love curling up with my books and a blanket and a cup of tea, or a movie and my husband! So when this time of year rolls around I'm rested up and ready to go have some fun outside.

On Friday, I did a little shopping trip to the states with one of my girlfriends. I didn't buy much but I did get this AMAZING find! It was $5 at Target, don't ask me how that's possible!



Friday night, I went out for my cousin's birthday. I wish I had pics because I was wearing my new dress, a $20 find!  We went for dinner and out to a pub where my cousin works.


Saturday was AWESOME! I woke up and my husband was like "Get up, get dressed, we're going to Whistler!" Yay for spontaneity! He used to live in Whistler and knew all the fun places so I was very excited. It was a gorgeous day and a beautiful drive, switching back and forth between my hot pink iPod and his iPod. He's super into the late great DJ AM, which I am also loving listening to. Such an amazing view on the drive to Whistler. I always forget how lucky I am to live here. 


We got to Whistler and wandered around the Village. For some reason, I thought it was SPRING and I wore flip flops. Yeah, there's still snow on the ground in Whistler. I'm an idiot. Our first stop was to get a Beaver's Tail. I had previously known their cinnamon sugar awesomeness as an Elephant Ear, and I hadn't had one since my high school cafeteria. It was amazing!


We also went to a candy shop called the Great Glass Elevator Candy Shop. Leigh was born in England so he's forever going on about English candy and how much I'd love it. This place had loads of it so we got a few goodies for ourselves and some for his parents. 



I discovered my new favourite thing EVER, a Curly Wurly. It's filled with chewy caramel and only has 115 calories!
It was such a great day! Now I'm off to a baby shower for one of my girlfriends. I am so excited, there are so many babies being born this year! Last year was the year of the wedding and this year is the year of the baby! 
Enjoy your Sunday! 


xoxo,
T


1 comment:

  1. that candy shop looks awesome!
    When I was there in November it was closes.

    Looks like you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete