Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Amazing Recipe for Game Day!

Finally, it feels like the craziness that has become my life is starting to die down! Or maybe I'm just getting used to it or learning to manage it better. I know one thing for sure, I'm not cut out for getting up at 4am. 6am seems luxurious to me now. It's not even that I have trouble getting up because I actually find it easy, the problem is that I KNOW I'm not getting enough sleep. For instance, it's 10pm and I'm blogging. Which means if I fell asleep at the computer this instant I would still only be getting six hours asleep. Although I can function pretty well on this, it's not healthy and I don't think it's helping my fitness goals! 

Now, speaking of fitness goals...in Vancouver everyone is OBSESSED with the Canucks because they're in the Playoffs. I'm normally not into hockey but it's quite fun how excited everyone is and it's a nice atmosphere. Every few days there has been a game, so everyone is socializing at pubs/restaurants/and people's houses.


Whether you are trying to get in shape or simply stay in shape, this whole Playoff thing can easily derail your plans if you let it. So I'm here to provide you with a guilt free game snack! Don't worry, this recipe are totally guy friendly, they won't even know that the food is diet friendly! My husband is always asking for one of my favourite new things to make, Skinny Taco Dip! This recipe is by Skinnytaste. What would I do without that girl? You HAVE to try it! Sidenote: This picture shows the recipe with olives. Do people actually like olives? I left them off :-P

Picture from Skinnytaste.

Skinny Taco Dip
  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz black olives,
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.  I recommend Guiltless Gourmet. You can find them in the organic section of Superstore, and some IGAs.


Enjoy your game day treats and never thought I'd say this but....Go Canucks!! :-P
xoxo,
T

1 comment: