Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspiration for Discipline

So my posts lately have been a little fluffy lately, hey? All hot pink shoes and watermelon. Not exactly deep stuff. But I do think about these things, depending on my daily mood. Today I was in the mood for some thinking. I picked up a book that's a favourite of my mom and I's.

This book is amazing. Every once in awhile, I will pick it up randomly, go to today's date and read something that feels like it was written just for me. Today no exception, this is exactly what I need to read, discipline is something I am constantly struggling with and I know I'm not alone in this, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

July 20

I will gain more understanding when I realize...discipline is the one magical power I must develop and use.

There is magical thinking and there is magical doing. Magical doing is the result of personal discipline. You can think up a host of really great ideas, but if you do not have the discipline required to pull them off, you will not get very far. Some people are so good at magical thinking, the things they want to do can be done magically!

Discipline magically leads to results in your life. Discipline helps you plan. Discipline helps you stay on the path to what you are planning. Only when you are disciplined will you follow through on what you are thinking. Only when you are disciplined will you coach yourself through all of your actions. Only when you are disciplined can you capture the magic of your spirit and put it into action in your life. Discipline cannot be forced upon you. It must be developed.

You must develop the discipline to think right. This will give you the discipline to act right. When you are disciplined in your thinking and acting, you always feel good. When you feel good, you want to share how you feel. You want to do good things. When you do, you set an example for others. They are inspired by you.

Until today, you may have been thinking great thoughts while demonstrating very little discipline to do anything about them. Just for today, practice discipline. Take one step towards doing something you have been thinking about. Speak to yourself, calmly, firmly. Do things that are in alignment with your thinking. Feel good about any little progress you make. Support to progress you made today by disciplining yourself to do a little more tomorrow.

Today I am developing the discipline I need to make something magical happen in my life! " -Iyana Vanzant. (Until Today)

What do you guys think?

xoxo,
T

2 comments:

  1. 'Until Today' was given to me around five years ago by Judy. I watched the television show that Iyanla Vanzant and Rhonda Britten had a few years ago. I had learned plenty. Her book has taught me so much about myself. And as I read it again for the fifth time it reads like a new book and sometimes I remember where I have learnt that new disipline and how it works in my life. When I meet new people who are thirsty for knowledge and change in their life, I buy this book as a gift for them. Often, during my day someone will call about how they just read from her book the very thing they need to hear.
    This book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!! Thanks for sharing, whoever you are! ;-)

    ReplyDelete