Monday, August 29, 2011

Who Inspires You?

In my opinion, inspiration is the fuel of life. It lights my fire and gets me moving on things that are not easy. I have always strived to get in the best shape possible and I know that despite my passion for a healthy lifestyle, that has not happened yet. Now I realise that I wasn't training the most effective way and I need to clean up my diet even more!

This weekend I finished my Personal Training course. No, I'm not over the moon yet because all though my original certification education is finished (but education is never finished!) I still have to have a practical evaluation and take a 3 hour final exam. This is not as easy as it looks people! The registration process I am going though, BCRPA is not an easy one. They have the highest standards in Canada and  they do not want lazy, stupid, neglectful trainers so they make you jump through many hoops. The closer I get to the finish line, the more grateful I am for this.

What I learned in Personal Training: That most of the information out there for people trying to get into shape is not relevant or helpful to specific people. My passion is to help women who have struggled with their weight as I have, and I can't wait to get started. I have learned effective methods for fat loss and I now have a new workout program thanks to my personal training course that I can't wait to start trying it out on myself and let you all know how it goes.

I would like to leave you with someone that has inspired me. I have many, many people that inspire me but Taryn Shea Loughran is hanging on my inspiration poster. I was so impressed when I read her story in Oxygen magazine that I tore it out and hung it up. I also love that  she is Canadian and she has the same name as me! Click here to read her story! She has a Facebook fan page here and she is also launching a website September 1st.

Here is her before her fitness transformation:


After:


How inspiring is THAT? Who inspires you?

Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment