Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake!


Happy Thanksgiving to my American blog friends! I hope you are having a fantastic holiday. I am jealous that our Thanksgiving is in November. I have always thought that was the ideal time, because it kicks off the holiday season. Thankfully (hehe) my mother-in-law agrees with me, and for the past few years we have celebrated the holiday with full force. She grew up in California, so it's not cheating. We are doing it tomorrow though!

Today, I thought I'd share something different! A delicious pumpkin pie treat that's super healthy! A Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake! They are so yummy and satisfy you without that heavy dessert feeling. 

Honestly, you could throw whatever in the blender and it will probably turn out but here is a recipe to start with:

Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake

Ingredients
  •  1 Scoop Vanilla Protein
  • 3 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree
  • 3-4 ice cubes, or more if you like it thicker
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (Vanilla is the best)
  • 2 Packets of Sweetener such as Splenda or Stevia
  • 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp Cloves
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Throw it all in a blender and enjoy your healthy treat guilt free!

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment