Monday, February 20, 2012

$5 Craft Project Love

Remember how I said I was going to be all crafty and create something each month of 2012? Well, January was a big fail. I tried to make cookie pops for my cousin's baby shower and it was a total fail. I basically tried to wing it instead of following instructions. It ended up with a big sticky mess that was not presentable for a baby shower. My husband still ate them though.

For February, I tried something really easy. I am always looking for turquoise/aqua things for my house and it's not that easy. If I do find them, they're usually really expensive. So when I found this idea on Pinterest I was very excited.
Basically my costs for this project were:

$2 Vase (dollar store)
$2 Acrylic Paint (Michaels)
$1 Flowers (dollar store)

This is the before picture of the vase on my mantle on the left.
                               Picture of the paint I used. They do sell these at some dollar stores.
All you do is pour the paint in and swirl it around until it fills the vase completely with no holes or streaks. It took about 5 minutes.

                                                                    The end result.


Sorry for the crappy picture quality. But not bad for $5, hey?! I love Pinterest for craft projects!

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment