Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Competitor Friendly Recipe - Salsa Chicken


I had heard of cooking chicken in salsa in the crockpot before, and never tried it out until a few weeks ago. I am HOOKED! This is so amazingly delicious. My husband is asking for it every single day. I'm so excited about it I was showing random people at the gym my lunch and telling them they had to try it. Yeah. That excited! It's the easiest dinner ever.
All you have to do is this:

Take one large jar of salsa. Put two or three chicken breasts (can be frozen, mine I bought fresh and then froze individually) in the crock pot. Put the whole jar of salsa in the crockpot covering the chicken. If it's not covering the chicken, add some water. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. When it's finished, take a fork and shred the chicken.
SO GOOD!
It may not be pretty, but I promise it tastes awesome!

You can add more chicken, just add more salsa and/or water so it doesn't try out.
I LOVE this served over a serving of brown rice. You can also add black beans if you like. Let me know if you try it!

xoxo,
Taren

1 comment:

  1. You can also add some pineapple chunks which give it a (sweet) bbq kind of taste. Also very good.

    ReplyDelete