Monday, March 12, 2012

Husband Food - Quinoa Pizza Bites

Last year I sort of made my husband hate quinoa. Since it's so easy to make in big batches, and very healthy, I would give him some to take for lunch every day usually with a little low sodium soy sauce. One day, he came home with his empty containers and stated that he now hated quinoa. Oops.

I haven't been able to fix this until now. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and knew that it was the solution. Mini food fixes everything.

Enter Quinoa Pizza Bites.


Quinoa Pizza Bites
Makes ~40 bites (I used bigger muffin tins and it made one full tray)
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup chopped onion (Leigh hates onion and I didn't have any so I used onion powder. Sue me)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I also sprinkled a bit of fresh Parmesan on each one)
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (dried is fine)
  • 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices
  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
  • pizza sauce for dipping
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
3.  Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact. 
4.  Bake for 15-20 minutes for mini muffin tins and about 35 for full muffin tins. I wanted them to be crispy.

This is a perfect non-boring snack or lunch for the next day!
 
xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment