Sunday, July 15, 2012

Current fave healthy treats!

I'm always on the lookout for new things to incorporate into my diet. I get insanely bored with the regular diet stuff!  I'm lucky working in a supplement store, because I get to try new things all the time. So here are a few of my faves (some are supplements, some are food!)

This is my new favourite protein powder. I first tried it at a trade show and scored some free samples. I knew it was amazing tasting from the little tiny cup from the trade show, but I didn't really get around to trying it until a week or so ago. Let me tell you, this stirred into steel cut oats = wicked breakfast. I feel great when I eat oats but I am not really into the taste, this makes it awesome! Available at my work, of course.



This little guy is also available at my work and it is AWESOME! I have used this for so many things. It's basically just a natural flavouring, like sweetened cocoa powder but even better. It's sweetened with stevia and it's all natural with no preservatives or artificial crap! I use it for microwave protein pudding, protein bars and shakes. Totally kills the chocolate craving!


I haven't seen this in Canada yet but I picked them up in the states because they are sweetened with Stevia. I am a total Splenda addict so I am trying to branch out and get used to the taste of stevia. These aren't totally clean, there is still some artificial flavouring though. I want to make a homemade lemonade recipe, so I'll be doing that soon.

I totally randomly saw this at the grocery store and bought it on a whim. Let's just say the jar is half gone. Not just from me, my hubby has become addicted to PB&J sandwiches with this. Only 7g of sugar for 2 tablespoons and it's natural so a good sweet treat in my opinion.

There you go, some of my favourite new food finds! Have you found anything amazing in your local grocery store lately (or supplement store!)?

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment