Sunday, July 8, 2012

Embrace Summer

It's been summer for a few weeks, but the weather just recently turned nice in Vancouver. Do you ever get that nostaglic feeling for summers when you were younger? They seemed so effortless, didn't they? It made me realise as an adult you have to make a concious effort to embrace summer, embrace every season as it comes really. It's too easy to stay in your office, come home and watch TV. You have to make an effort to do all those things that make summer awesome. For the rest of the summer, that's what I'm going to try to do. Enjoy it while it's here, no matter how tired I am after work or how little I feel like driving out to Kitsilano or somewhere fun. I made a list of all the things I want to do this summer and I'll blog about them as I go. I've finished a few already (the ones I've crossed off)



Here it is:

  • go to the drive in theatre
  • have a picnic
  • go to the beach
  • watch the sun rise
  • roast Marshmellows
  • have a barbeque
  • drink sangria
  • go camping
  • read outside at the park or on my patio
  • make granita
  • go to the zoo
  • go swimming in a clear lake
  • walk at rocky point
  • make a fort
  • go to Kelowna
  • go to Pentiction
  • go out on a boat for the day
  • visit Clayburn Village
  • visit Fort Langley
  • visit Kitsilano 
  • visit Deep Cove
  • rent a Canoe
  • go shopping with the girls
  • go on a hike
  • fly a kite
  • go to PNE
  • go to playland
  • go to stanley park
  • go to the aquarium
  • watch fireworks
  • go to the flying feild with Leigh
  • go to the driving range
  • go to theatre in the park
 What am I missing from my list? Let me know if you have any great summer activities.

xoxo,
Taren

No comments:

Post a Comment