Friday, October 5, 2012

My Home Project

I have lived in 7 different places in 4 years. Over the past few years having a real "home" was something I took for granted until I couldn't find a place that felt like one. Since we've moved into this apartment, I have had a extreme desire to make it feel as much like home as possible. A home needs to be a sanctuary for your family but this is easier said than done.
It took me awhile to get this project on the road. We moved in April, I had my fitness competition in May and to be honest, all summer all I wanted to do was have fun, which I definitely did. In August I started my new career.
Finally I was ready to focus on my home. I wish I would have taken pictures when we first moved in but I didn't. Picture a blank slate apartment. It's pretty modern for the good old suburbs, all white walls and dark wood floors. This gave it a feeling of generally un-coziness. Being cozy is one of my absolute favorite feelings so this had to change immediately.
Hence, my Home Project. I have a few posts to write about this so keep your eye out for more.
To kick off this theme, I will give you my most recent project, these  kitchen canisters. They are all from the dollar store, and the labels are Martha Stewart at staples and I looooove them.

Happy long Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment