Saturday, December 21, 2013

Downtown Christmas Adventure

The other night my Mom and I had a downtown date night. We had a little pit stop to make, and while we were doing that, we saw TWO Toys for Tots buses crammed with toys. Santa and Mrs. Claus and some elves were unloading it! Such a heartwarming sight to see.


Our first stop was the Christmas Market! Neither of us had ever been before. We got apple cider right off the bat. You can keep the mugs or return them and get your deposit back. We returned them because we each have like four thousand mugs already.


We were starving when we got there, so we got this flat bread pizza type thing made in a wood pizza oven with carmelized onions and Gruyère cheese. Sooo delicious.


We also got a fondue dessert. Mine was strawberries and cream puffs. Mom's was strawberries and bananas. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten in my entire life.


We left the market after that, and when we got outside there was literally hundreds of people in the lineup. Talk about good timing, we got there just as it was getting dark and there was like a two minute lineup. After that we went down Robson, which was lit up with amazing lights. I hadn't been there in ages and ages, probably since I worked downtown. We checked out the new Victoria's Secret store.


After doing a little bit of Christmas shopping, we went ice skating at Robson Square! 


I'm pretty sure she's just using this for the picture, she didn't actually need it. She let go right after I took this picture:




After ice skating, we were quite hungry, so we went to Chipotle for the first time. I've heard sooo much about Chipotle from American bloggers but I'd never tried it. It was seriously so good. Now I know why everyone is addicted! 


All in all it was such a fun Christmassy night! Thanks Mom!



1 comment: