Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Most Magical Night of The Year

Happy Boxing Day! I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. I like to celebrate Christmas all week long, it's not over till it's over!


Christmas Eve started with some last minute stocking stuffers on my way to my Mom's house for our new tradition (started last year) of spending Christmas Eve morning watching a Christmas movie.


 I gave my Mom her Christmas present early: A Serendipity 3 Gift Set with the frozen hot chocolate mix and fishbowls that they serve it in in the restaurant in New York! We have been obsessed with this stuff for years. My Mom saw it on Oprah, where she apparently said she would swing on a chandelier for it. Naturally she flipped her lid for her present and we cracked it open and made it right away.


My mom gave my sis and I new PJS to get comfy to watch the movie.

After our movie morning, I headed home to meet Leigh. We relaxed for a bit and got ready for everyone to come over, another new-ish tradition of inviting both sets of parents over for appies. Leigh's siblings also came and his sister brought her boyfriend. Naturally, the boys tried to stay out of pictures.






We had some delicious appies including some sausage rolls I made a special trip to Valley Bakery for the day before while listening to happy Christmas music, visiting and tracking Santa (for the big kids, you know).



After everyone left, Leigh and I opened our "Christmas Eve Box" which is one of our new traditions. Inside included matching PJS for the second year in a row, hot chocolate, Quality Street, and glass Coca-Cola bottles.



We settled in on the couch with our duvet and watched a bunch of Christmassy shows. 


After nodding off at a Christmas episode of Home Improvement, we headed to bed so Santa could come...




2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic Christmas, and I'm really interested in seeing what that ice cream thing you were talking about looks like. Hope you have a great day!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a LOT of stockings! Love your puppy :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete