Friday, February 7, 2014

Trying New Things

I'm all about trying new things. Yesterday I had an appointment in downtown Vancouver and I met up with my friend Nicole afterwards for lunch. I did NOT try a new restaurant, because I was right next to Chipotle and it seemed wrong to not go there for lunch. I should have taken a picture of my lunch but I devoured it without even thinking about it. That place is so delish! Everything is so fresh, and obviously it's doing well because there was a line-up almost out the door and apparently that's a daily occurrence.

I guess I haven't been downtown in awhile because I totally went the wrong way of the direction of my appointment and then I had difficulty finding the skytrain station to go home! But on my way to the skytrain, I decided to stop into a place called the Urban Tea Merchant. See, I have never eaten a macaron before, I have gotten them for people as gifts but never even tried one myself. I am famous for doing this. I didn't have sushi or Chinese food until 2012, seriously. The other day I had a dream that I had a macaron and it was so amazing. But then I woke up and it hadn't actually happened and I got bummed out. So I went into this tea shop that I knew sold macarons, and I bought one that was the exact colour of the one in my dream.



I finally got to actually try my macaron and it. was. AMAZING. HOW have I never tried these before. I'm in love. They're like flaky on the outside and chewy on the inside and have sooo much flavour. This one was blackcurrant. I thought maybe I wouldn't like it because it was tea flavoured (they all were at this shop) but it was SO GOOD.

Anyways, my point is that it's just so cool to try new things. I love that in the last few years, I've gone out on a limb and tried things: sushi, chinese food, macarons, parasailing, paddleboarding, becoming a trainer, becoming self employed, competing...every experience we have just shapes who we are and makes us excited for what else is out there to try. I used to be afraid of everything and now I am excited and intrigued about trying new things and for me, it's just a really good place to be in.



No comments:

Post a Comment