Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekend Love: Condo, Dresses, Wine & Dallas

Winter weekends have been a bit blah lately. There's the whole crappy weather thing, then there's the whole we just bought a house and therefore should not spend too much money thing, and then there's the laziness let's just watch a movie and go to bed thing. That being said, this weekend was super fun.

Friday night, I went for sushi with my friends J and Nicky. I love sushi, but seriously what is with these places that make the GIANT rolls? It's like twice as much rice and filling as normal sushi. We had a great night though, always great to catch up with my girls!

Saturday, I woke up early (to snow!) and had a client at 8am. Believe it or not, Saturday's are my "early" mornings. My clients during the week start at 930 or 10. Everyone prefers to train after work. I only had one client Saturday somehow, so I finished early and went through the Starbucks drive through for a coffee. Heaven. When I got back home, I realised I was supposed to return something at the mall, so I somehow managed to talk Leigh into going to the mall. So that was kind of nice! I bought him a Booster Juice so it was sort of even. But then we went out to Langley and went to Holeshot and the Harley Davidson dealerships to look around. There's also a couple surf/skateboard type clothing stores out there, so we went into them and I found a ridiculously cute dress and Leigh bought it for me. Even though we're married so we share our money, I still count it as Leigh buying it because he insisted. He knows even if  love something I'll hum and haw for 500 years about it and then go back to buy it only to have it sold out. I'm glad he made me buy it, it's the perfect spring/summer dress. I'm sure it'll be making a blog appearance soon as soon as the sun comes out! Which judging from the weather does not look like anytime soon.




We went to our friend Hilary's for snacks/wine on Saturday night. We'd only been there for a few minutes when the fire alarm went off throughout the building. We looked at each other, grabbed the cat/dog and our wine and bundled up outside. Everyone was a little bit jealous we thought to bring our beverages with us. Hilary also gave me her old iphone! My phone has been driving me insane so I'm excited to have a different one. I definitely see the benefits of both android/iphones but sometimes it's nice for a change. Especially when your phone likes to autocorrect everything and mess up your life and you can't figure out a way to turn it off. Yeah, goodbye Samsung!






This weekend we also checked on our apartment building. You know, just to make sure they're still working away. They're making good progress! 


We also went into the show suites. Again. For the bajillionth time. I like to just go and visualise what ours will look like. And maybe just pretend I live there for a few minutes. It's crazy, I know. I also had forgotten to check out the bathtubs, so I wanted to see what they looked like.



Yup, that'll do.

We are now snuggled up at home, trying to fit in a Dallas marathon before the third season premiere tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment