Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Life Lately

The past few days have been pretty interesting, here's a little weekend recap:


On Friday, it was one of our friend's 30th birthday (Happy Birthday, Krys!) and she was having a gathering at a restaurant that used to be a bar that we all went to when we were 19. It was so weird being there almost 30 and pregnant! I think the last time I was there was about 7 years ago. I actually honestly thought it was just a restaurant now, but apparently it is actually still a bar, so thankfully we got out of there before the party started. The food was actually really good though!

Saturday, I had clients and worked at the store. I had been feeling crappy all week and having pretty bad back pain so I actually ended up meeting my midwife at the hospital so she could do some tests. Turns out everything is fine but I'm might still be a bit of a hypochondriac. I'm not going to apologize for it because it's better safe than sorry when it comes to carrying another human being! It was kind of like a mini hospital tour though, we got to see what the rooms looked like and Leigh got to hear another woman describe her labour signs in the next room over :-P


Sunday I ended up hanging out with Nicky for a few hours, we went for lunch at Browns and ran errands together at Walmart and Costco! I also decided to take some time to organize our bedroom a little. We have our bassinet and don't really have anywhere else besides our bedroom to keep it until the baby comes, so I've just parked it in our bedroom because that's where it will be anyways until we move into our new apartment. It's a little weird having it in there!


Sunday night I had another little adventure, while going into shoppers to buy ingredients for Coke floats (my only craving lately) I somehow stepped on a crack and my ankle completely went sideways. I literally screamed, it hurt so bad (again, preparing me for labour?) but after a few minutes I knew it wasn't broken. I went home, literally crawled to the couch and propped it up with ice. And Leigh went back to the store for some Tylenol for me and of course, Coke float ingredients. I checked in with the doctor the next day, and thankfully it was just a bad sprain.

I'm going going to lie, the past few days have sucked and made me realise how much I take being able to move around for granted. I did have crutches for a few days but they were so hard to use so I honestly just kinda crawled around. Pregnant = crawling to bathroom a zillion times a day. Thankfully I can put a little weight down on my foot for short periods so I'm sure I'll be fine in no time.

That's pretty much it for life lately! Kinda hoping the next little while is a little less action packed.
:-P

One more fun photo, the bump is really starting to get big! I remember looking at my first bump photo and being shocked that I actually had one! It's getting bigger every day!



1 comment:

  1. I hope your ankle is better soon. I'm always surprised how fast stuff like that happens. One minute you're ok, and the next you can hardly walk.

    ReplyDelete