Friday, September 26, 2014

Bump Love {35 Weeks}


Baby is the Size of a Coconut!

Baby girl is due October 26th, which is in 4 weeks and 5 days.

***
I am still not at the "I'm so done being pregnant" phase, but I feel like it's getting close. I am starting to imagine what it will be like to be done after all this time. To have an actual baby instead of a heavy bump. And to be able to wear normal clothes, even if they are bigger and stretchy!

***
It's so hard to get out of bed, it's almost comical. Our bed is all soft and squishy so I have nothing to to push myself up on. The baby is kicking the crap out of my organs. For the first time this week, I can feel her up in my ribs and it feels so weird!

***
For the most part, Layla has really not taken any notice of me being pregnant. If I point to my belly and ask her what's in there she looks mildly horrified and runs away. I'm not worried because she loves kids and babies and she's not the jealous type. The other day she was sniffing my belly and she pressed it with her nose exactly the way she does with her squeaky toys to get them to squeak. It was soo cute.

***
Speaking of Layla, whoever said dogs don't prepare you at all for having a baby has never had their dog leave a big pile in the reception area of the vet. Also not the first time that's happened (4th, actually). At least babies wear diapers!

***
I read that as of 34 weeks, babies can hear and recognize simple songs when you sing them, which makes me wonder if I've accidentally taught my daughter all the words to "Timber."

***
Nesting mode is the best thing ever. I have never been so productive in my life. I hope it never goes away. I've been organizing, hospital packing, prepping freezer meals, stocking up on things for the few months I'll be off. My body is tired and achy but I have all this energy and want to do this kind of stuff constantly.

***
In other productive news, I have finished all my assignments for my pre-and post natal fitness certification! I still need to write the final exam, which I may do October 19th if there is no sign of the baby. If there is, I am going to write it in January probably.

***
Sometimes it feels really nice to stand and do little walks and sometimes it's the worst feeling ever. I am trying to listen to my body and do what it tells me. Symptoms wise I am at occasional rib pain, feeling out of breath from being squished, entire pelvis aches and the baby is beating the crap out of me. But I don't mind a bit because I'm in the home stretch.

***
Sleep has oddly been a lot better this week, even though I am not comfortable at all, eventually I kinda just go into a super deep sleep regardless.

***
Sometimes I wish that I could have set up the baby's room ahead of time, but I'm kinda glad I have a lot of extra time to plan it out. I finally have a vision for what I want it to look like. We are staying with my in-laws until our apartment is ready. Currently our possession date is March 17th which I'm sure will be here before we know it. Until then I am glad to have our cozy little corner of my in-laws help and the extra help that comes with it! I feel lucky to have my mother-in-law just upstairs when the baby comes. She's also helping me with the sewing part of my glider project! Which I have basically done nothing myself lol. My uncle is painting it and my mother in-law is sewing the cushions. At least I picked out the fabric! ;-)

Until next week, that's about it! I will be 36 weeks on Sunday and who knows how many more weeks I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment