Monday, October 27, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

I have had a full birthday weekend celebration! A little different than years past but still had tons of fun.


We kicked it off on Thursday night with pedicures. I got a gift certificate for my baby shower and I finally used it! J and Nicky came with me and we made a girls night of it. I got them to put shellac on my toes so that it lasted a bit longer since I doubt I'll have time for pedicures soon!

Friday I finished off my work week and went on maternity leave. I was super exhausted so I ended up resting most of the day. My body was so sore. As usual I go a bit stir crazy so I popped out for some errands and decided to stop by the pub where my friends were watching the game. This is where I found out that one of my friends (Mark) was working on a movie set with Jesse Metcalfe.

He's the one on the left.

As in Christopher Ewing from Dallas. Also from Desperate Housewives and John Tucker Must Die. His girlfriend Alicia offered to take me to the movie set to meet him. I seriously just about died of excitement I'm not a huge celebrity person but I love his acting on Dallas. Anyways, so we got to go meet him! And have "lunch" on the movie set even though it was the middle of the night. Sadly I cannot post the pic of him and I until the movie comes out because he's in his movie costume. But it happened, and it was awesome. What a way to kick off the birthday weekend! I got home at like 1:30 in the morning and felt like quite the preggo party animal.



Saturday, I had a date planned with my mom but she got hit with a 24 hour crazy flu so Leigh was my hero and took me on the date I had planned with my mom. We went to Chipotle for lunch, visited Chapters, and then the most amazing new bakery called the Sweet Bake Shop.



Leigh bought me some macarons (Cinnamon Roll and Caramel Apple, both amazing) and a red velvet cupcake. This place was the cutest. After our downtown day date we were pretty tired so we just relaxed ad watched a movie.

Sunday, my actual birthday,, I slept WAY in. Like almost noon. I had made plans with Nicky to go to the mall but we ended up going for breakfast first which was delicious. Nicky also gave me Hunter boot socks for my birthday. I kind of love going to the mall on my birthday because I usually buy myself a present lol. I got a really cute sweatshirt tunic thing that fits me with the belly but I will try to save it for post baby. I also got a Christmas bath and body works candle.



By the time we were done at the mall, I went home and rested for a little bit and then we went for dinner with my parents and my brother and nephews. My parents gave me new Hunter boots for my birthday! I don't think I posted about this but my pink Hunters are actually cracked, both of them! So sad. Leigh is going to fix them for me but I'm not sure how long they will last. I wear rainboots like half of the year!

After dinner and cake, we went home and relaxed and watched our Sunday night shows. It was perfect...except for no sign of my birthday present aka my baby!! I suppose she'll show up one of these days!

Tonight we have a family dinner with Leigh's family for my birthday. I know I'm spoiled rotten. And we're ordering Chinese food, because apparently that works for sending women into labour! Haha, probably not but I'll give it a shot!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! Jealous of your sleeping in until almost noon. I was up at 6:30am as I fed Harley and couldn't fall back asleep.

    ReplyDelete