Thursday, March 5, 2015

Arianna {4 Months}


I can't believe my little girl is already 4 months old! I swear every month is my new favourite. We just love her to pieces, our whole family is crazy about her. Here's what she's up to now:

Weight:  Around 15.6 lbs, according to my scale at home.


Height:  Like I can get this wiggle worm to let me measure her. I'd say around 24.5 inches.

Feeding: Still breastfeeding, still topping her up with a bit of formula. I think she may have been going through a growth spurt because she was so hungry all the time.

Sleep: Pretty sure she hit the 4 month sleep regression a little early, sleep has been all over the place this month. One night, she slept 11-6, the next she was up every 45 minutes. The hardest part has been getting her to bed. The last few weeks, we put her to bed by 7 and she's awake every half an hour or so until like 9! Needless to say, I haven't seen a full episode of anything all month. 

Milestones: She's trying to hard to roll over both ways. When she's on her back she flips her whole body over but her arm gets in the way. She's just so active and alert now! She's obsessed with putting her hands in her mouth and playing with her feet. She grabs onto anything in her path now, toys, clothes, hair, facial parts. She makes all kinds of noises and facial expressions. She definitely knows her mom and dad!

Clothes: I swear she's almost outgrowing some 3-6 months which I can't figure out how that's possible. She looks so freaking cute in everything! I also love that she got my colouring, because like me she can wear almost any color! :-P I've started stocking up on some summer clothes for her and I cannot wait to see her in them! Loving the little rompers and dresses! 

Diapers: Size 2. Using Pampers Swaddlers because I find they absorb the best.

Likes: Eating, yelling for me to come get her every time she wakes up, when people smile at her, I also swear she knows when people are complimenting her, walks in her stroller or the ergo (having attempted too many of these because my back has been so sore lately) any kind of bright toy. She's kind of obsessed with teddy bears, my mother in law has a bunch of teddy bear stuff and when she shows it to her Arianna squeals with delight. She also bought the cutest little soft going to bed book with a teddy. Her other favourite is this super colourful monkey my mom bought her in Harrison. This girl is spoiled by her Grandma's and loves it. She still loves being lifted in the air, tummy time, getting her diaper changed oddly. She's just a really happy baby, she kinda loves everything. Except maybe bedtime.

Dislikes:  I would say bedtime. Not even sleep, because she goes down for naps super easily, but something about bedtime makes her kind of anxious. She freaks out whenever I put her down. I also had to move her out of her basinett and as I don't have a crib yet, I'm using a playpen with the bottom raised up. So maybe it's due to the change in scenery.

Baby gear we love: Still loving her swing and bouncy chair. I would also like to say that if I could go back I totally would have just bought a Pack N Play instead of a basinett. They're so much more versatile. Thank goodness I had found one for my mother in law to use at her house when we move out. I realised about a week ago that Arianna had totally outgrown the basinett, it was only supposed to be used up to 3 months! I have also been using my sister in law's ergo more, I'm officially converted so I'm buying my own since she'll be needing hers soon for my neice that's almost here!  
I also bought a magic sleepsuit which although definitely not magic, has allowed her from sleeping swaddled to sleeping not swaddled in the sleepsuit without any real sleep interruption. I would actually say that it helps her fall asleep faster than swaddling. 

Things I don't want to forget:
Her adorable little smile is my favourite. Even though I'd love to get this whole bedtime thing under control, when she fusses in the playpen and I pick her up, she snuggles into me and it's so heartwarming. I want to soak up these moments while I can.



Looking Forward to:
Finally being in our own home with our little family! I can't wait to get her room set up and get into a good little routine.






3 comments:

  1. She is getting so cute!!! Pack N Plays are like 3 in 1 lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four months old already?! It feels like you just had her :) I used the ergo for the first time today and quite liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe precious. She's advancing well for her age! Happy 4 months baby Arianna.

    ReplyDelete