Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Thoughts on 2017

snow day on new years day


It seems everyone was really excited to see 2016 go. I didn't have a horrible year but it wasn't the greatest year ever either. I spent a lot of time alone and a lot of time reflecting. I'm not sure why that happened but I'm grateful for it. I learned so much about myself this year.

my loves
There is something so refreshing and renewing about a new year. A fresh start, a whole calendar full of possibilities for new opportunities and new memories. Life is hard. But I am fully convinced that the only way to live is to persevere and stay positive. To be grateful and lift up others who need it. I live in Canada which is an amazing place. I have a kick ass husband and beautiful daughter who is getting to be as funny as her dad. I have an amazing family and group of friends. I have books and a cozy apartment and a reliable car. I have Internet and my (Leigh's Christmas present) TV has Netflix BUILT IN! Life is amazing and I don't want to forget it for a second.


That's really my only resolution this year. To be grateful and loving and giving. To myself included.



I have also been kind of loving this snow we've been getting. It makes everything beautiful and also makes this year feel a bit different and magical because we rarely get snow.
So far 2017 has been great! We have spent DAYS organizing our apartment and doing little projects around the house. We set up Leigh's new TV in our living room and mounted our smaller one in the bedroom. I haven't had a TV in my room since I was a teenager I think. I don't know how much we'll use it but it's nice to have the option to cozy up in our room and watch a movie.



We also got a new computer and are in the midst of setting up our little office corner. I bought a piece of wood today to paint and put a shelf above the computer for our printer. I also got this little shelf for holding my day planner open!

I am thinking I'm going to recap our Christmas season on the blog this week because I love being able to go back and read my blog as a memory keeper. I have a list going of everything I want to post about so here's hoping I can get my s*ht together and keep posting regularly!

Happy New Year everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment